Internet Survival Guide
Internet Survival Guide
An explanation of how the Internet has changed communication. Make sure to use at least one specific example.
Define Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control as they pertain to the Internet and explain how Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control affect both our offline and our online identities and lives. Include at least one example for each.
What are two ways that you can actively manage and protect your identity and your reputation online? (one of each)
Answer the question: “Does the Internet have rules?” Use at least one specific example.
Define cyberbullying in your own words.
Describe at least 2 kinds of cyberbullying and why they are considered cyberbullying
Provide advice for: victims, bullies and bystanders of cyberbullying
Your Top 5 tips for using the Internet
Immediacy- Bringing involving someone into a situation. Tagging someone on a Instagram picture that deals with a argument.
Permanence- Something Unchangeable. A picture that is not able to be photoshopped.
Lack Of Control- Certain things you don’t have control over, and it starts to spread, and become more popular, while you’re not able to do anything.
2.For Immediacy you can put your accounts on private so that you're asked if you can be tagged in pictures, or you can be able to ask that person to untag you out of that picture.
Permanence, some ways you should able to avoid this is to not post to much, or you can have your account of private so people won’t be able to see your pictures.
Lack Of Control is something hard to fix, but you can always try your best to reason out with that person to stop this trend that you don’t like.
3. The Internet does have rules, and on certain website there are consequences if you break these rules, but people always break the rules in the internet, and it may seem like we don’t have rules in the internet.
4. Cyber Bullying is harassment on a technical device.
5. Trolling- Offensive insults to accurately annoy someone, or make people mad.
Impersonation- To act as someone else, and ruin their reputation.
6. One kind of Cyberbullying is Impersonation. Impersonation is taking someone’s name, and trying to ruin their reputation.
7. Bully Advice- Don’t take your personal problems out on other people, it’s just going to come back around and kick you harder than you kicked someone else.
Victim Advice- If it occurs more than once, try sticking up for yourself. Tell the bully off. If they don’t take you seriously, tell an adult, your parents are the best option.Bystanders- Don’t just watch someone get bullied. Go over and help defend the victim.
Log in to post a comment.
No comments have been posted yet.