How has the internet changed communication?
Back then the internet was just this very basic very limited tool that we had, nothing as special as the internet that we have today. Communication before internet was created was just write a letter/message on paper and send it through the mail. Now we can communicate in multiple ways other than sending it through the mail. Communicating today is more efficient. Now we can send a text or email in less than a minute. We don’t have to wait around worrying about if the mail actually got to where it is supposed to be and to the person that was supposed to receive it.
2. Define Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control as they pertain to the Internet and explain how Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control affect both our offline and our online identities and lives.
- Immediacy is when someone bring someone into something. Automatically granting them involvement into something. Immediacy can create problems online because people can be brought into things that they really don’t want to be involved in. Then your offline life can be affected because you were brought into something that you didn’t want to be and people could look at you a certain way because of your involvement in the situation.
-Permanence is when something is put online and it does not go away. This can affect your online life because whatever was posted or said cannot be taken away no matter how bad you want it to be. Permanece can affect your offline life because it could interfere with your work (ect.)
- Lack of control is when you cannot control what is put online. Lack of control can affect your online and offline life because you can’t do anything to prevent it. You can try to tell someone what and what not to do online but they can choose to listen or not.
3. What are two ways that you can actively manage and protect your identity and your reputation online?
Keep your passwords to yourself
Don’t start arguments
4. Does the internet have rules?
I don’t think that the internet has rules, but it does have consequences. For example, if you feel like you want to go and bully someone you can, but if you get caught you will most likely be banned from that social media site.
5. Define Cyberbullying in your own words
Cyberbullying is when you use social media sites/ use the internet to bully someone
6. Two types of cyberbullying and why they are considered cyberbullying
Two types of cyberbullying is trolling and bashing. They are both considered cyberbullying because they are done online and they are used to harass and hurt people physically and mentally (to bring people down)
-Speak up for yourself
- Tell an adult if the bully does not stop
-Just stop you’re not funny and you just look stupid
- Be nice, just because you’re made doesn’t mean you have to bring people down
-Victims are most of the time scared to speak up so if you see something make sure you speak up (tell and adult)
8. Tips for using the internet
Keep passwords to yourself
- Don’t engage in arguments
LEARN - CREATE - LEAD
Creativity while learning causes me to want to learn more. Creativity while learning helps me learn things a lot better. To me all teachers should try to make their lessons creative. It will benefit me a lot. If teachers teach in a way that is creative and I can learn in a creative way then I will want to learn more. I feel like when I am just sitting in a boring class I feel kind of forced to learn. Meaning I don’t really want to be sitting in a boring class listening to a teacher talk, but I know that I have to if I want to pass my class. Either way though sitting through a boring class won’t help me in any way to pass a class. For example,me personally if a teacher just stands in the front of a classroom talking all day I am automatically going to zone out. Because me as a person I know that I already have a minimal attention span so if a teacher is boring then I will let myself slowly begin to not pay attention. An example of learning in a creative way is how Ms.Bentum laid out the mini project that I just got finished doing. She allowed me to be creative and make a movie that I actually wanted to do. Another benefit from creating the movie was I took the information that I learned and made it a fun way for me to learn and memorize it. What I mean is I didn’t have to sit in a class and listen to a teacher talk all day and then have to recall all of the information the next day. I was able to actually exercise my brain a lot more than what if I were to be sitting in a boring classroom.