- Describe the room you drew. What is in it? In this room, there is a door leading outside, which is closed, and another door to the right that leads to another room. It also contains hardwood floors with a wool carpet and a coffee table on the carpet. This room has a skylight and and a window (window to the right) and the window has a plant in the sill.
- What you have learned about one point perspective. I've learned that in one point perspective, rulers are your bet friend.
- What you are most proud of in your room drawing. I'm most proud of the carpet and coffee table.
- What you wish you could improve about your room drawing. I wish I could have added color to it.
- One tip for someone doing this project next year. Make sure you take advantage of the time you have, in class, to work on this project. The due date may come back to bite you.
I created an action short using iMovie that was 1:30 long. The goals of this project were to entertain people and have fun, but I wanted to learn how to edit as well.
Step by step process:
Plan out what the short film was going to be about
Cast friends as characters
Meet at a spot to record footage
Begin choreography movements and director placements
Begin recording (about 3 hours of collecting footage)
Plan out editing style and use whatever software is the best
Edit footage collected
Successes were, finishing the project and getting desirable footage. Failures were just retakes. Someone didn’t do something the right way, or the way I wanted them to, so we would have to retake certain footage, not mass amounts though. I learned how to imagine and brainstorm when it came to creating visual content. I became pretty confident with editing but not very great at it. I’m still learning a great deal and I know very little about it. I think the project itself doesn’t look the greatest but I used everything I knew about editing on this short film and I am very proud of that. I learned that I am good at directing and that people listen to what I have to say, most of the time, because I have a loud voice. If I could do this project differently I would start the recording process earlier. For anyone else doing this project I would say, don’t take the time that it takes to record for granted, because it’ll bite you later on in the project. Instead, record very early on so you have the footage you need in order to finish the project. The medium chosen added more depth and everydayness to the short film. This project has inspired me to learn a lot more about editing and encourage myself to excel at it. All of the sound effects were from iMovie on the Mac.