The internet’s communication has changed a lot. Before people just used to send emails now people chat on all different types of websites. Now people use google hangouts to text and to video chat.
Immediacy means how fast a comment can travel from the internet. I think permanence is when you put something on the internet and it stays there. Lack of Control is when you don’t have control over what you post. They affect your offline life because that’s the reputation you have now because of what you posted.
3. Two ways you can protect your online identity is don’t use your full name on the internet and don’t talk about your private life.
4. I think the internet does and it doesn’t. I think it doesn’t because you are allowed to post whatever you want to post. But then again if you cross the line they can track you do and you can get punished.
5. I think cyberbullying is when you mess with somebody over the internet or when you harass them.
6. One type of cyber bullying is harassment. The other one is annoying someone.
7. I think that you should report whoever does that and if you do it you should stop. Cyber bullying caused people to kill themselves.
8. 1. Don’t Bully people
2. Don’t give out your information
3. Be smart
4. Don’t say anything that you wouldn’t say in person
5. Watch what you post
Internet survival Guide
How has the internet changed our communication
The internet has changed the way we communicate in some many ways and has done so much for us.We can find long lost siblings we get to talk to our family in the army or far distances away.We have been give something that has changed time and communication.In my eyes the main way the internet has changed our communications is social media.THis includes instagram,twitter,facebook,snapchat,and tinder.
Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control
Immediacy is doing something without thinking once its out there you cant take it back.Also its like how fast someone sees your post .Permanence is once its out there even if you take it down it doesnt matter someone might already have it and send it around.Lack of Control is like when you post or do something with a clouded mind when your not thinking straight.What control you do and dont have because other people might have and
2 Ways You Can Protect Yourself
You not try not to make all of your passwords the same because lets say one person knows the password if all of yours all your passwords are the same he can hack u
Or you could have some one hack u and pay them to see your bad or weak spots
Does the internet have rulesYes the net has rules one rule is the freedom of speech where you may speak your mind but you can not treathen or try to hurt someone
An explanation of how the Internet has changed communication. Make sure to use at least one specific example.
Define Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control as they pertain to the Internet and explain how Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control affect both our offline and our online identities and lives. Include at least one example for each.
What are two ways that you can actively manage and protect your identity and your reputation online? (one of each)
Answer the question: “Does the Internet have rules?” Use at least one specific example.
Define cyberbullying in your own words.
Describe at least 2 kinds of cyberbullying and why they are considered cyberbullying
Provide advice for: victims, bullies and bystanders of cyberbullying
Your Top 5 tips for using the Internet
The internet has changed communication because people talk over the internet instead of Communicating in person. It is easier to communicate and to get in touch with people when you need to. EX. When you are doing a project and you have to work outside of school you can text that person or email them.
-Immediacy- the quality of bringing one into direct and instant involvement with something, giving rise to a sense of urgency or excitement. EX.
-Permanence- When you post something it is up there forever. EX. Posting a picture and deleting it but someone screenshots it
-Lack of Control- Not being able to control yourself on the internet. EX. Being in class and posting on snapchat when you know that you should not be
3. 1. Dont give out your private information.
2. Make your page private.
4. Yes the internet does have rules because certain things you say on the internet can get you in a lot of trouble legally. EX. Sending threats to someone or posting false information
- An explanation of how the Internet has changed communication. Make sure to use at least one specific example.
- Define Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control as they pertain to the Internet and explain how Immediacy, Permanence and Lack of Control affect both our offline and our online identities and lives. Include at least one example for each.
- What are two ways that you can actively manage and protect your identity and your reputation online? (one of each)
- Answer the question: “Does the Internet have rules?” Use at least one specific example.
- Define cyberbullying in your own words.
- Describe at least 2 kinds of cyberbullying and why they are considered cyberbullying
- Provide advice for: victims, bullies and bystanders of cyberbullying
- Your Top 5 tips for using the Internet
- 2016-17: 1st Semester