For my quarter 4 benchmark, I chose to model my work after the artist I chose, Kathleen Dunphy. She does a lot of watercolor paintings and I based my artwork off of hers. I created a vase with flowers and a dark background with a dark blue table/floor. The flowers were pink, magenta, and burgundy. I used simple, different sized paintbrushes and a canvas that is used for watercolor. The larger ones were used for filling in a lot of space quickly while the smaller ones were used for getting in tiny spaces a little more precisely. I drew a sketch first and then I started working with trying to mix up a desirable green that would work for the stems. I then used red and a mix of a few other colors to get a pink, magenta, and burgundy. I don’t specifically remember the colors I used for it but I got a good outcome. I don’t normally use watercolor for my artwork, and I wanted to try something new and I liked the outcome. Something I wish I did differently was me using the paint like it was acrylic rather than watercolor. With watercolor paint, you can use the already dried paint on the paper to get a certain effect or use more color. I’m used to acrylic paint because I’ve been using it since last year and I like deep colors rather than semi transparent colors so I wasn’t used to using it.